"Celebrating Our 96th Year"
Welcome to Puleo’s Dairy
In 1923 Charles Puleo affectionately known as “Charlie” began his career producing ice cream at the Essex Co-operative Creamery located at 80 Margin Street in downtown Salem, MA.
Starting in 1928, with a Model T Pickup truck, Charlie Puleo established his own business known then and now as Puleo’s Dairy. He began home delivery routes in the Salem, MA area from his processing plant located at 23 River Street. Growing steadily into the 1940’s the company moved into a state-of–the–art dairy and opened a seasonal roadside ice cream stand on our site at 376 Highland Avenue. An entire dairy renovation in 1989 culminated with a new dairy plant. We no longer sell our products out of the plant, however we continue to produce ice cream with Charlie’s same recipe from 1928 and provide home delivery in reusable glass bottles.
Look for us at these locations:
Corner Butcher Shop